1. You never visit other blogs. If you want to be introverted online that is your right as a user. An introverted user that never publicizes their work will never become popular or even be seen. If staying in the shadows is your goal then by all means… stay introverted. Just don’t whine about no one seeing you when your aspiration in life is to be a ghost.
2. You listen to everyone’s advice. There is so much advice floating out there for new and old bloggers. There is a ton of horrible advice out there as well. Often people will “hear a tip” that is given with the best intentions, but in reality is an idiotic piece of advice. If something sounds stupid it generally is.
3. You are a stingy motherfucker. If you keep all the cards for yourself because you hate seeing others succeed you are not only a stingy motherfucker, but you are also pretty pathetic. People can tell whether or not you are genuinely there to help or whether you are simply blowing smoke up their ass. I hate smoke up my butt.
4. You post once a week. I “blog” more than most users on this platform. If you post only once a week even I won’t see your posts most of the time. No one is going to notice you if you are sending a single boat down the river and everyone else are sending down fleets. How bad do you want to be read?
5. Your title was a “post” long. Sometimes I am silly, or lazy, and I will share a post with an overly long title. In general I would advise against doing this because overly long titles just look sloppy.
6. You buzz feed too much. I get that “hot topics” are all the rage for the few minutes they are popular. Sometimes those subjects even impact us personally so we feel a need to respond. In general if a blogger ONLY writes on buzz feed topics I will skip over their posts. I watch and read a ton of news… I read blogs for personal opinion.
7. You write post after post ranting on views. Currently some trending topics by bloggers focuses on finding out which of your followers are truly “readers.” People have begun to develop formulas to show your “true follower number.” I personally find all of this to be pretty silly, but I also have my own view of what that subscriber number truly means. I also don’t wait on people to find me. Reading post after post about view count, especially when the blogger swears they “blog for themselves,” gets old pretty damn quick.
8. We have read your blog for a year and still have no fucking clue who you are.
9. You find reasons why other people offend you daily and that is all you write about. People like this need to chill the fuck out. Or get laid.
10. You bought an SEO package. Anyone that currently blogs on WordPress.com and is buying an external SEO package is an idiot. Send me that money and I’ll give you tips for free. Stop feeding the vultures people.